https://gingerjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/logo-and-everything-SM.fw_.png 0 0 Ginger Johnson https://gingerjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/logo-and-everything-SM.fw_.png Ginger Johnson2018-07-31 04:58:542018-07-30 21:06:52Common Mistakes In Connecting
- Biggest mistake is the thinking that Networking = Connecting. It does not. Networking came along (modern version) with the intent to build “social capital.” That is, using your relationships to build your life. Connecting is way more than that, with a much bigger purpose.
- Connecting is about giving, not getting. You don’t connect to get something.
- The Giver’s Gain only works when everyone’s got a genuine vested interest in serving the other person. Otherwise, see #1.
- There is no “but” in Connectivity, only “and.”
- You’re responsible and accountable to yourself and your relationships – no one else owns that. You do.
- Card shoving is not Connectivity. Going to an event because you think you “have to” is BS. Shoving your card at someone per said mis/understanding is the death of Connectivity.
- Electronic tools and platforms are not Connecting; they are ancillary tools only. Nothing replaces in-person, real human contact, creating and developing real world relationships.
This is a short list. The Connectivity Canon covers what connectivity is and isn’t and you can get your own copy soon, here.