If you’ve ever walked into a room – or you’re planning to walk into the room and you want to connect with people, and you don’t know what you can talk about, I’ve got a solution.
One word: Read.
Read a lot, read whatever you like, read for pleasure, read for information, read for education.
I’m a huge reader and I keep track of what I read.
Readers are leaders.
And readers are often Connectors.
Because it’s common ground. It’s a topic you can talk about. It’s safe. It’s interesting. It’s provocative.
So if you struggle with how to connect with somebody and what to talk about?
I’d highly encourage you to read!
You can see my entire list for 2018 (so far!) here.
- Year of Yes, Shonda Rhimes
- Big Stone Gap; Big Cherry Holler, etc. Adriana Trigiani
- When, Daniel H Pink
- The New Science of Getting Rich, Wallace D Wattles and Ruth L Miller
- The Resistance Man; The Children Return, etc. Martin Walker
- Creativity Inc, Ed Catmull
- Hometown Appetites, Kelly Alexander and Cynthia Harris
- The Millionaire Messenger; The Charge, Brendon Burchard
- The Witches Tree, M C Beaton
- The Million Dollar 1 Person Business, Elaine Pofeldt
- Wild, Cheryl Strayed
- Make Trouble, Cecile Richards
- The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin
- #AskGaryVee, Gary Vaynerchuk
- Everyday Ambassador, Kate Otto
- Permission to Leap, Bri Seeley
- Shantaram, Gregory David Roberts
- West With The Night, Beryl Markham
- One Year Off, David Elliott Cohen
- The Lido, Libby Page
- What She Ate, Laura Shapiro
- Sleep Smarter, Shawn Stevenson
- Real Food, Nina Planck
Please share what you’ve read below or via email.